About Nomad

Kenth

Aug 7, 2007
Zenny
This is a new terran unit who is specialized in making defence equitment:p
This unit can build Turrets, they works as normaly stationary marines.
This unit detects too, and it has an another cool ability which is a mine trap=D its a invisble building that "throws" mines around its self. When one of them goes kabooom the building will replace it with an another mine..;)

Merovingian

Apr 13, 2006
www.DAHeadquarters.com
Zenny
from what i've heard all turrets the nomad puts down, mines or sentries, are permanent. and they cost nothing but mana to place and build. is it just me or is this a bit overpowered?

I mean, all I have to do, if I were terran, was to build, say, 5 nomads, wait till they get on full mana, go to the enemy mineral collecting place, and drop 10 auto turrets. A completely free raid.

Kenth

Aug 7, 2007
Zenny
well, i dont think it is overpowered. What about the mothership?:p there is a counter for everything in sc...;) always

Merovingian

Apr 13, 2006
www.DAHeadquarters.com
Zenny
none of the mothership's abilities last forever, while the nomad's do. the mothership is basically a revamped, more battle-oriented arbiter. while the nomad is like an SCV building defensive structures...for completely free cost aside from mana. what's going to prevent a terran player from building a few nomads, and then seeding his base, or his opponents, completely with turrets or mines? it seems way unfair to me.

Crosby

May 1, 1998
Zenny
none of the mothership's abilities last forever, while the nomad's do. the mothership is basically a revamped, more battle-oriented arbiter. while the nomad is like an SCV building defensive structures...for completely free cost aside from mana. what's going to prevent a terran player from building a few nomads, and then seeding his base, or his opponents, completely with turrets or mines? it seems way unfair to me.

if anything, blizzard know how to make sure the game is never 'unfair' - thats why their games are so amazing. Every strategy has a counter... its all about tactic.

If you spending all your time waiting for mana to regen so you can make things, you losing critcal time... time your opponent could be using to build up their offenses instead of defenses.

Merovingian

Apr 13, 2006
www.DAHeadquarters.com
Zenny
Any player with an ounce of skill would know not to waste time waiting. I know that Blizzard is good at balancing, but that is due to lots of testing between both players and programers. A terran player can build up a decent attack force, and, practically wasting no time, also seed the map with these mines.