Anime English Dubbing

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Well I don't really mind English dubbing of a few anime's, such as Bleach and Naruto.

Ichigo's voice (Johnny Bosch) is good, along with Rukia, Orihime, Uryu's, Ganju's and Gin's.
But I think it's whatever you get used to first since all the anime's were created in Japanese first, everyone would be used to hearing those voices.

For example, Avatar is in English and if they made a Japanese version not many people would be used to it and others might like it better than the english version. :rolleyes:

Daesy

Jan 24, 2006
On a milk carton
www.xanga.com
Zenny
I personally like dubbing. Subs uses too much of my brain power.....that i don't have. For example: Before i started school i was faithful in watch bleach subs. Since i started school, i cant watch subs because i have no patience and no time. So dubbing does me very well.

seddy

Jun 23, 2008
pittsburgh
www.facebook.com
Zenny
i am all for dubbed. subtitles make me tired. and for some reason alot of teh voices in subbed shows.. kinda sound the same.. atleats dubbed, it gives thevoices some range.

Shortie

Dec 16, 2022
England, UK
Zenny
Dubbing is not something I have been able to get behind, to be honest. I have always found it distracting so I tend to avoid it if I can as much as I can.

I would take subtitles over dubbing if that was an option.