Online Friends

seddy

Jun 23, 2008
pittsburgh
www.facebook.com
Zenny
for this one i can say yes. there are a select few that i can say have helped me through soem toughtimes. they have called me on the phone and helped me out. they have been there for me when my real life friends have not been.so yes.. that is my answer :)

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
I'd say yes... and it's better when you can hang out with them in person. But, I think a lot of us have at least had one true friend online or who we felt a friendly connection with....

maru

Mar 5, 2009
Zenny
I considered a "no," but this beats the crap out of that.

I'm one for stretches of instant-messaging, as are many of my friends, which by itself proves good people exist on the web. But each of those friends has carried out arms-width social interactions with me. The closest person I've ever been with online actually hates me for misconceptions that would otherwise be placated by means of conversation inherent to the consensus-reality alone. The impression received from a snippet of human social-interaction is inexplicably more educational to my core interests of the psyche and environment than any offered by modern science in a week.

Potential value is subjective, so I subject that the question is moreover whether or not I want to spend the extra beau coups of time it takes to befriend someone online, when I can stroll to my local park for a whim of the same thing without the liability of BS and unfounded feelings.

I've had someone write a lovely song for me from 1000 miles away, and play it. Sweet, but valuable is staking a piece in 99% of where I spend the rest of my life.