anyone play guitar here?

KoNaStAr

Feb 7, 2006
Zenny
i picked up a little acoustic 2 weeks ago or so, have been learning to play. simple stuff at first, memorizing some chords and learning the tabs to some simple songs. here's all I can play so far ( little list rite now lols, and i cant play the full song from all of them, only certain parts i've learned )

Nirvana - come as you are
Deep purple - smoke on the water
Johnny cash - walk the line
Metallica - enter sandman
Nobuo uematsu - tifas theme
Nobuo uematsu - still more fighting(cant really play this full speed yet but oh well)

working on learning:
RHCP - californication
The Who - behind blue eyes
Sublime - santeria
Led Zeppelin - stairway to heaven

any tips from more experienced guitarists out there that might help me in learning?(im lookin at you max)

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
Yeah, but I'm not so great. Basically, I haven't played in a while, so I'm extremely rusty.

Gimpy

Jan 24, 2006
Zenny
I play the drums.. I might take guitar lessons from a few friends though.. but yeah guitars are a lot of fun and electric ones for me =D

KoNaStAr

Feb 7, 2006
Zenny
cool Gimpy, my friend Patric who lives across the street plays drums too. I've been jokingly trying to talk him into looking for a few more people and starting a band, lol..but it's too early for me to get into a band just yet >_>

Gimpy

Jan 24, 2006
Zenny
well it's never too early for a band.. that way you can help each other out...

KoNaStAr

Feb 7, 2006
Zenny
haha, I was a little out of my head when I typed that post. I meant that I learned some parts from Master of Puppets, not Enter Sandman. I get the two confused for some strange reason T_T;

and yeah Gimpy that's a really good point, playing around some more experienced guitarists than myself might really help me excel

Wondergirl

Sep 19, 2007
Zenny
Hey, right on. I sent you a pm that will hopefully help you out. I appreciate you playing Nobuo Uematsu's stuff! I recently transcribed Kefka's Theme and FF7's main theme on classical. If you want help with Stairway, since the classical approach is a little weird at first, just ask.

KoNaStAr

Feb 7, 2006
Zenny
Once again Max, huge thanks for that PM. It's going to be most helpful :D

And yeah, I've got to admit that I have more interest in playing songs from Final Fantasy than any rock songs, really. FF7's main theme especially..the day I learn to play that(and do so on a nice classical guitar :p) I can die a happy man.

Wondergirl

Sep 19, 2007
Zenny
If you don't have tabs for FF7's theme, I can transcribe a simple form of it for you and send it in tab form via PM.

Gimpy

Jan 24, 2006
Zenny
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wonderboy @ Feb 19 2008, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Once again Max, huge thanks for that PM. It's going to be most helpful
<

And yeah, I've got to admit that I have more interest in playing songs from Final Fantasy than any rock songs, really. FF7's main theme especially..the day I learn to play that(and do so on a nice classical guitar
<
) I can die a happy man.</div>

Start a FF band then
<

Shortie

Dec 16, 2022
England, UK
Zenny
I remember as a kid, I and my brothers had a guitar that we used to play around with. I never really ever learned to play the guitar even though I was interested in playing and learning how to play.

Maybe one day I will be able to learn how to play.