Can a game ever fully satisfy you?

zombies

Oct 15, 2008
Zenny
Ive been thinking this over for a while. Is it possible after beating a game or completing a series to be left completely satisfied and fulfilled by your experience so that you desire nothing more from those characters, universe or even style of gameplay that you enjoyed so much?

Or is the very nature of people, games and just entertainment at large prohibitive of ever really providing a complete experience? If it is possible though what game(s) or series have done this for you or were the closest to doing so?

Of all the games Ive beaten Im not sure Ive ever been completely satisfied with the experience I had to the point that I didnt want it to continue on in some way. But if two games were ever the ones to come close theyd be Grim Fandango and Gabriel Knight:SotF. When they were over it just felt right.

Mimi

Nov 2, 2022
Zenny
The only thing that can truly satisfy me in this life is money.

As much as I love playing video games, it's never going to give me the kind of satisfaction money gives me.

Reactions: Bisola

Bisola

Oct 1, 2022
Zenny
If a game can truly satisfy any gamer, there wouldn't be anything like backlogs. Unfortunately, we can't be good with playing 100 games or 200 games. It's why we keep buying when there's a new game.

Flint

Mar 9, 2023
Zenny
Before I will invest hours in playing a particular game, it means that the game have something that I really needed so much which will either be as a source of entertainment or relaxation for me.

Lucas

Oct 2, 2022
Zenny
I have always made sure that before I start playing any video game, it is something that I know I am going to enjoy so that I will be very certain that it wouldn't be a complete waste of my time trying to play such a video game. So, yes, a video game can truly satisfy me very well.