Hide-row (Hydro)

Riddlin

Jul 13, 2007
Zenny
Hide row

“Ugh, damn, a dead end!” The boy thought as he turned in horror to face the soldiers with steel armor, as they aimed their guns at him. In rain, and lightning flashes, the soldiers were like terrible demons stretching out their claw. Without, warning, the boy’s blue clothes turned turquoise, his light blue eyes turned a brightly colored ocean blue and glowed with his hair, as it changed from black to cerulean. The boy snapped, his fingers in front of the soldiers, the rain began to swirl in a small wave around the soldiers, who were obviously confused. “STEP ASIDE!” yelled a voice from behind the soldiers. The soldiers all moved aside proudly stating “sir” as he proceeded past them, a figure appeared from the shadows of the dark night. The outline of the figure’s: clothes, hair, and eyes began to glow a bright purple. “You!-“barked the glowing blue boy as he raised his hands to his chest then out towards the glowing purple man. Instantly the rainwater all around swirled into individual and violent twisters focusing their attack on the purple man. His reactions were quick and precise, he moved just when he was about to get hit. Water splashed on the ground ferociously shaking the areas around. Some rain became sharper than most blades, slicing the tops of houses with clean cuts as the purple man evaded. The boy in blue was riding on top of the water, controlling the ferocious waves that thrashed about. In midair a wave turned into a hand clenched the purple man in its grasp. “I’ll kill you Flick!” Screamed the boy in blue, when the man in purple replied, “Hide, you were always the weakest out of all of us!” without warning a lightning bolt came from the sky and engulfed the water hand, channeling back to the boy in blue, who let out a scream as he was being electrocuted. Darkness began to fill the corners of his eyes as he could no longer hear himself yell. He could feel himself fall as his consciousness faded into a complete darkness.
“So this is the Aqua Mani…Hide Row.” “Is he really that much of a threat to us?” “Of course, he is much more trouble than he appears, but not to worry, he was always the weakest.” “Is that so?” “Yes, he couldn’t even beat the fire mani, which he is supposed to be strong against.” “So come, Flick, we have plans for the fire mani’s in the northern parts of the Lotus Plains” “Yes, sire.”
Ugh….who….who’s there? Hide muttered as he struggled to stand. The sound of silence was broken by the sounds of dripping water. Looking around the room through the bars on the cage, he sat down and tried to think of a plan to escape. After several minutes of pondering, Hide stood and tried to activate his mani mode, only to discover an agonizing jolt of electricity waiting to shock him. Hide flung back against the cage with a thud which caused him to cough small amounts of blood. In pain Hide clutched his sides, which were injured after he fell to the ground unconscious. Feeling regret, he began to wish he had never separated with his friends, who were traveling with him and the water mani at the time. Hide slowly regained his steady breathing and closed his eyes.

Riddlin

Jul 13, 2007
Zenny
It was nice outside, yellow-green grass swayed in a pleasant breeze across the Lotus Plains as the young leader of the water mani tribe walked in front of the hundreds of water mani’s, leading them to the fire mani city. Hey, Erik, why don’t you go ahead and tell them were outside of the city walls. Erik nodded, then turned around and yelled the message, the water mani’s responding with a massive cheer celebrated by playing music, some dancing as they walked. A group of children ran up to the young leader and joyfully asked, “Master, will you teach me about the mani?” A woman ran up behind them “Oh-“ she exclaimed “I’m sorry young master, I’ll keep better track of these hooligans.” The young leader smiled replied with a chuckle “No, no its quite alright, I could use the company!” The woman then nodded and returned where she was previously. “Does mani mean tribe?” asked a curious little girl from the group of children. “No, not exactly, mani is short for manipulator.” The young leader replied in a soft and calm voice. “Oh….then, how many mani types are there?” another child asked, sounding confused. “Well, there’s one of each element, the elements revolve in a circle balancing the power between them. “The young leader pulled a parchment with a diagram drawn on it. “The balance of elements: water beats fire, fire beats ice, ice beats wind, wind beats earth, earth beats lightning, and lightning beats water.” “Ok, thanks!” and with that, the children all ran off. Erik turned and looked at the young leader “Wow you really have a knack for that.” “Thanks.”

Riddlin

Jul 13, 2007
Zenny
The gates to the city of fire mani then opened before them, they were led by a parade to the top of the great stone steps where the leader of the fire mani would greet the of the leader of the water mani. “Thank you, water mani, for traveling so far, to visit us!” Announced the fire mani leader in a powerful welcoming voice, “Here you are our honored guests, and I do ask that you please, make yourselves at home.” The fire mani welcomed “But first, take some time to know your fire mani brothers and sisters, because all mani are connected, through the great balance that intertwines us all.” The fire mani’s tone then changed “The fire mani are in a golden age!” he exclaimed, pausing for effect “We have reached an all time high in power, and why I invited you here in the first place, I want to see if this power could defy the element balance itself, and so, I challenge your leader, to a battle of honor, the significance of the element balance lies in the hands, of your leader.” The young leader looked at the fire mani in suprise, as he did not know that he was there to fight the fire mani leader. “Now please, my fellow mani, enjoy your stay.” And with that the fire mani and the water mani leaders both disappear into the fire mani temple.

Riddlin

Jul 13, 2007
Zenny
That Night

“Wow I never thought I would be this bored.” Erik says with a sigh as he looks toward the fire mani temple. Tight security, only a cunning and devilishly good looking master of stealth could get past that.” Erik approaches the barred gates and swiftly snatches a tool from his kit, spinning it on his finger and putting it away just as quickly. Carefully removing the square that he silently cut, he slips in past the guards unnoticed. Stopping at a patch of grass he examines the area. “Hmmm there is grass with rocks scattered over the yard, and bars on each side so no going around it.” Erik brainstormed for a minute “Grass makes noise when you move, so I’ll have to jump from stone to stone and then scale up the wall to a balcony that isn’t too steep to climb up to.” Erik leaps from stone to stone without wavering. Reaching for a bottle and some leaves he places the gel in the bottle on both sides of the leaves, and uses them like a suction cup to scale the wall to a nearby balcony. Peeking through the open balcony door, Erik notices that there are shadows on both sides of the lit hallway, and as smoothly as they come he slides through the shadows and into the next room. “Now I just have to…” Erik covers his mouth in shock upon the sight of the fire mani leader snoring, fast asleep in his bed. “Oh, ****.” Erik thought as he opens another door and leaves the room only to realize he ended up in a closet. After struggling for a minute to find a light, he tripped, his fall revealing a secret room of treasure that made his mouth water like a dog. “No, I shouldn’t…well…maybe just a few things…” *Plunder* “WOAH!”

Riddlin

Jul 13, 2007
Zenny
Meanwhile…

“The fire mani challenging me…he must be stronger than ever…no matter, the elements wont let me down…but what if I lose? What if I’m not strong enough!” frustrated with thinking, the young leader stops pacing and throws himself on the bed staring at the ceiling. “What should I do?” “I would decline the challenge and leave along with the rest of the water mani.” Erik suggests while leaning against the wall just outside of the balcony. “I don’t have time for your jokes right now Erik!” snaps the young leader, “You mean you don’t have time for friends!?” There was a pause between them, the young leader could feel his heart turn black. “No I don’t.” “But I found something-” “Please leave, or I’ll call the guards.” Erik changed his expression immediately, “Fine, you know what, go ahead, fight the fire mani leader, but don’t expect me to be there when you lose.” And just as Erik is about to leap off of the tiny balcony, he turns his head “Just remember, we were friends before you became a mani leader.”

The day of the duel

“Hurry everybody hop to it grab your elements communication orb and find a place to be the battle we’ve all been waiting for is here, people literally flooding the stadium to see it in person and others rushing for orbs to view this rare event!” The young leader prepared himself for battle as he tried to calm his nerves. “I will win, what am I so nervous for?” Walking out into the boiling sun on top of the massive rooftop battle arena the crowd roared with excitement. “3, 2, 1, FIGHT!” the fire mani leader turned his short red hair into scarlet with a glow, along with his red dragoon armor and eyes. The young leader glowed with his blue colors. In the middle of the battle field the 4 way spring of water leading to 4 different corners of the battlefield was the water mani’s weapon. Then as fast as the eye can blink the fire mani rushed towards the water mani with his lance formed out of fire attempting to impale him. Using water 4 spiraling currents that act like they have a mind of their own, the water mani smashed into the fire mani. Unaffected, the fire mani hurled a palm of fire at the water mani. The water mani dodged but the fire spread shooting up like a rocket and hit the mani right in the stomach. “Why, Char, are we having this pointless fight?” the mani leader sputtered, blood sliding down chin. “You’re not even trying, fight me.” Char leaped up and thrust his lance in the ground flames shot towards the mani leader “YOU’VE CHOSEN TO DIE LIKE A FOOL HIDE!!!” PSHhhhhhhh the sound of steam shot from the place where Hide was. “It’s over you can’t survive that.” Char boasted. WHIPASH as water from the smoke attached itself to Char’s lance, snapping it in two. “You want me to fight? I’LL MURDER YOU!” Hide screamed as his intent to kill Char skyrocketed. Water attached

Riddlin

Jul 13, 2007
Zenny
itself to char binding him, as Hide summoned water on his arms to act as blades, piercing Chars red armor and causing him to bleed from two deep wounds. Hideaki, riding on the waves he created used water from them to create three copies of himself with blade arms made of water. Each one rushed at Char from a different angle. Just before the water copies struck Char a massive ring of fire to all directions turned them to steam. “Folks this match is heating up its making me sweat buckets of water!” “Oooh that has got to hurt, Char just interrupted Hide’s wave and struck him in his midair fall!” “The crowd is cheering like crazy! He blocked it! I don’t believe it!” “It looks like its going to be a close one, they both look exhausted!” “Hide you give the mani a bad name, you’re the weakest mani leader out of them all!” Char taunted “I’m sorry that blood is by accident!” Hide cleverly replies “So ignorant, 1000 suns: Fire wyvern!” A giant dragon appears around Char, its neck growing in size until it looks like a bubble, then releasing an incredible spitfire Hide desperately gathers water to block it with. A white flash causes everything to blur….”Folks, this match is over!”
Hide wakes up in his cage, remembering he is a prisoner. He is reminded of a pain in his side as he tries to move too suddenly. With a heavy sigh Hide leans against the cage. “I’m no mani leader…” “That’s right… You’re just Hide.” Replies a familiar voice. “Long time no see pal!” Erik says while hanging upside down on top of the cage. Hmm “Hey, how come they have you glued to the top of the cage?” “uh-oh.” Erik says as he slips and falls catching onto the bottom of the cage. Erik pulls out a tiny knife and quickly cuts the bottom of the cage. “Hurry up, I’m supposed to meet this chick, and I heard you were in town, but this is not the place I want to meet her cause, I might be getting lucky!”

Riddlin

Jul 13, 2007
Zenny
Look foward to more, I'm still writing, next time will be the escape of Erik and Hide, will Erik get lucky? o_O What about the Fire mani? NEW CHARACTERS coming next

Riddlin

Jul 13, 2007
Zenny
Some random chick you met at a club, XD its going to be a hillarious scene I promise but you of all people should know what happens.....

Riddlin

Jul 13, 2007
Zenny
Hide-Row, Chapter 2

“Awwwww, that’s MY water bottle! Why did you have to go all loco and hurt yourself?” “Shut up someone might hear you yelling! Just let me finish healing myself… there all done, lets go.” Hide threw the empty bottle back to Erik and they both started hurrying through the maze of prison cells. “Hide, stop” Erik stated suddenly. “What?” Hide asked with a concerned tone. “Haven’t you noticed yet?” “No, what is it?” “The prison cell’s, are all empty.” Erik said with worry. “Stay on guard Hide.” Erik warned. “Gotcha.” The two then rushed through the dark maze weaving through the guards and incapacitating whoever had the right keys. “That noise….HIDE GET AWAY FROM THAT DOOR!” just as Erik finished yelling about 20 people came crashing through the stone double doors a giant beast close behind. It stood on two legs, it had red skin that looked extremely rough. It was wearing armor made of bone, covering the torso and the head. With four giant fingers it picked up someone from the ground who seemed intent to fight to his last breath. No warning at all Erik reacted by reaching in his tool pockets and had 2 silver bracelets on each wrist when he pulled his hands out. Flashing once they took the shape of his arm up to his elbow and a small blade came out from above his knuckles and extended in the blink of an eye as he raised his arms toward the giant. Two blades pierced the chest of the beast crossing each other. As the beast let the man go in agony Erik yelled “GET OUT OF HERE!” The man ran towards Hide and dragged him off while running away “MOVE!” he said throwing hide and himself both

Riddlin

Jul 13, 2007
Zenny
out of the room. Within seconds the room exploded, the blast was so loud Hide couldn’t hear himself screaming, “Erik!” as the stones collapsed sealing the man and Hide out of the room. Hide desperately tried to move the stones, but the man grabbed Hide’s shoulder and said “I’m Izell, no time to chat, he’s gone, we need to work together if we want to get.” Hide turned around and whacked Izell’s hand interrupting him, “SHUT UP! THIS IS YOUR FAULT! THAT SHOULD BE YOU! NOT HIM! I’LL KILL YOU!” Hide was throwing rocks at Izell in his fury. Reacting fast Izell hit Hide on the head and knocked him out, carrying him out of the dungeon.
Grabbing a sword stacked on a wall where the guards usually put their weapons, Izell carried hide with one arm and the blade in the other. Kicking doors open, Izell reached the courtyard. The sky and ground were both a dark purple color. A few weeds surrounded by dark gray walls towered him on all sides. Guards quickly noticed Izell and began shouting and charging towards him. Putting Hide down, Izell parried a spear with his sword, then slashed his enemies stomach causing the guard to cripple to the ground. Another 2 guards threw hammers on chains simultaneously, Izell cut the chains before they reached the full length, causing them to fly and hit two more guards trying to sneak up behind him. A guard holding a double-edged scythe swung, but was blocked above Izell’s head by Izell’s sword. There were sounds of Crackling, then a snap, as the sword broke and Izell was pinned to the ground by the scythe. Kicking the scythe’s wielder over him, Izell grabbed the scythe and sliced three people at once. Ducking to avoid a spear, Izell evaded, then using the scythe, he spun the spear out of his attackers hands and into his left hand, throwing it into the last guard.

Riddlin

Jul 13, 2007
Zenny
With no more opponents Izell dropped the scythe. A faint clap caused Izell to freeze with fear. “Well done, Izell! I must say, out of all the escape attempts, this one really tops the rest!” Said a figure up on a ledge of the castle. The figure was wearing a scythe on his back, and wielded a barely visable black katana by his side. His clothes were gray, with some black plates, the same color as his hair, attached to them. His extremely green eyes lit up as Izell spoke. “Captain Zed….” Izell replied grimly. “I’m so flattered, you remember me.” Zed said calmly, placing a hand on Izell’s shoulder as his image on the ledge disappeared in an instant. “What’s wrong? Izell, unable to keep up?” Zed taunted as Izell froze up. “Take ‘that one’ to the Lotus Plains, where the fire mani reside would you?” Zed pointed at Hide. “And why exactly would I agree to help you?” Zed sighed looking to the floor then looked back at Izell and replied, “Because if you do, you can earn your freedom, however, if you refuse, we will kill your sister, WONT WE EVERYONE!?” dark figures appeared all around the walls of the prison in a plume of black smoke. Izell tilted his head toward the ground. “We are one with darkness, Izell, we have no need for a name, just like we have no need to let unnecessary prisoners live, however if you made yourself worthy, we could arrange both a name and your life, which is why you’ll call us ‘The Anti Balance’.” Zed was speaking in a low and deadly sounding tone now. “This is what I want you to do Izell…”

Riddlin

Jul 13, 2007
Zenny
….A white flash causes everything to blur….”Folks, this match is over!” “nnnhuh?..where am I?” Hide mumbled…”your in the fire mani temple.” Came Char’s voice, as he walked in the room. “I would have killed you, if we were truly enemies. But to avoid war with a mani tribe, I spared your life.” Char explained. “I will let your tribe stay as long as they like.” Char said. “What do you mean? I lost, why let me stay?” Hide asked. “You are still our guest.” Once Char left the room, Hide wandered outside. Slowly walking down the steps of the fire mani temple. The color of the sky matched that of the steps, gray and sullen. At the bottom of the steps Erik was leaning, one foot on the wall one foot on the ground. He has his arms crossed and looked at hide for a moment, then looked away with disappointment. Hide turned and continued to walk straight through the city, the fire mani would taunt him and shoot small flames at him to try and make him flinch. The water mani were in groups, but refused to look at him. Before he knew it, Hide was all alone, with no one in the world. Even the lonely breeze turned its back on him. Standing at the edge of the city, Hide decided there was no place there for him there. Droplets of water would hit Hide’s nose and it began to rain harder and harder as hide struggled his way to the nearby town.

Riddlin

Jul 13, 2007
Zenny
“There he is the water mani! I found him! Get him!” came sounds from behind Hide, as he instantly dashed away from his pursuers. Hide’s feet could be heard squeaking in his shoes and tapping against the stone streets. Hide went through puddles that leaped up and drenched his ankles in cold water. The sound of metal plates was getting louder and louder, with more and more splashing. Hide was sprinting now in his panic, running wherever there was a corner, not daring to look back. Hide slipped and fell, but got back up and ran like never before. “They’re going to get me they’re going to get me…” Hide thought as he was spooked by the clashes of thunder beating like a drum. Hide ran around another corner. “Ugh, damn, a dead end!” Hide thought as he turned in horror to face the soldiers with steel armor, as they aimed their guns at him. In rain, and lightning flashes, the soldiers were like terrible demons stretching out their claw.
“Hey, are you ok?” Izell asked Hide. Hide looked at Izell who was leaning over him for a minute. The sound of a crackling fire was soft and relaxing. There were tree’s all around them both. Suddenly Hide clutched Izell’s shirt and pushed him against a tree Hide screamed, “YOU BASTARD! YOU BASTARD! WHY DID YOU LEAVE ERIK! I’ll KILL YOU!” Izell pushed Hide’s hands off and grabbed his neck, “I SAVED YOUR LIFE! YOU WOULD HAVE DIED WITH HIM SO BE GRATEFUL!” Izell then released hide and returned to face the fire. Hide didn’t reply, he couldn’t, Izell was right, one second later and he would have died with Erik. Hide walked off angry at Izell, angry at the world, and most of all, angry at himself.

Riddlin

Jul 13, 2007
Zenny
Hide, woke up, the sky was a blinding white color that made him strain his eyes. Washing his face off in the sparkling river water, he then began to wander for food. Hide looked back to the direction he came from with regret as his belly started to ache. “No! I don’t need to depend on that jerk I can get something to eat myself!” Hide decided stubbornly. Glancing around he found a bush of purple berries. Soon after eating the berries as quickly as possible, he spit out them out and used the water from the river to recover from their poison. “Oh, man I’m so hungry…” Hide looked off to a little squirrel on the other side of the river. “Tasty…” Hide sprang up after the squirrel, who was quickly dodging his grasp and weaving through the trees. Hide tripped and fell but quickly got up and chased it again. The squirrel ran in circles for what seemed like hours until Hide made a desperate leap for the creature and hit his face on a tree the squirrel retreated up. Hungry and exhausted, he headed back to the river. Feeling stupid, he noticed that there were fish jumping up from the river. Splashing in the water to grab a fish he looked to his side as he lifted himself up for air. There standing to his right, looking at him was a giant black bear. Hide froze with fear as piranhas came and bit him enough to make him bleed a little, but not tear of his skin. Hide stayed completely still with piranhas until the bear left, hours later and he was safe to move. Still hungry, and exhausted he finally decided it was time to head back to Izell. Hide gathered his things, and backtracked.