• Total voters

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
I'm thinking of buying the new RPG 3.0, with money saved up and hopefully some donations. I'm wondering what you guys think? Do you guys like the 2.4 and wish to stick with it? Or is it time to move on to 3.0? Keep in mind 3.0 costs about $100 Lifetime Licence and also would take close to 1 month to build by an RPG admin here at GP.

E.V.

Jul 5, 2006
Miami
z10.invisionfree.com
Zenny
hmmm...well, there's that site that you got people to join which gave you money, so that part doesn't seem too important. And anyway, if you get some rpg admins who know what they're doing and have no social life, it might go by pretty fast. Does anyone here, besides me and maybe the current rpg admins, know how to work v3?

Neo Amon

God of Rage
Feb 12, 2007
In your soul
Zenny
I would like to see V 3.0 I'm willing to help with it and I can learn how to use it cause I've tried to be a RPG admin on another site and I could ask a friend who good with it may be willing to help with RPG to.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Well we need someone who will stick around long term. ALL our RPG admins have only stuck around for a certain time period and left... Some of our mod and admin staff as well. I'm looking at people who are sticking LONG TERM. More like 9-12 months.

Anyways back to the RPG 3.0. It's quite hard I hear to create it and people need time to understand how to use it as a member.

Hyuuga Neji

Apr 19, 2006
over there <^v>
z10.invisionfree.com
Zenny
yeah using it is very complicated for a while but when u learn how it's pretty simple, and as for making it i have no idea, but for a long term staff i'll be here for a long time, i have been on since like last summer and i'm still here

Xemnas

Apr 21, 2006
The World That Never Was
Zenny
3.0 is a joke - I don't recall ever losing stuff in 2.4, for a start. I don't see why they still have Triple Triad, I only ever played it on the first couple of levels, and only because I needed the money that bad. Items used to make weapons and such take absolutely FOREVER to get - and that's just the crap drops. With bots, they take an absolute eternity to do anything with them. The Rage meter resets after each fight, defeating the purpose of having it to begin with. As for parties, all it means is n00bs get to piggyback the real players and get to places and complete quests they in no way are entitled to, and if one person suddenly decides halfway through a fight to idle, the whole thing grinds to a halt. Parties = completely and utterly redundant. And I don't see the point of having a shoutbox for it if the only thing it does is use up bandwidth because no one uses it (and that was on KHI of all places, Goddamnit!). Plus, the battle jukebox has not worked for me, I don't think it has for anyone.

Sorry, but I will not play an inferior RPG. 2.4 is infinitely superior.

Last edited:

Awaiting Icarus

May 16, 2006
In the skies far away from you all.
www.blender.org
Zenny
personally.... Me = v3 all the way... and I have noticed that our RPG Admins have not really being doing their jobs for extended amounts of time. If I would have to choose someone for RPG Admin... my choice = Ghost.... He is quite good and quick at learning new programs + he has been around for quite some time... I think he would be worthy of RPG Admin.... and he is on like every day.... just my suggestions... and I think you should get v3... would it be possible to have both RPG games 2.4 and v3?

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Tsukasa said:
personally.... Me = v3 all the way... and I have noticed that our RPG Admins have not really being doing their jobs for extended amounts of time. If I would have to choose someone for RPG Admin... my choice = Ghost.... He is quite good and quick at learning new programs + he has been around for quite some time... I think he would be worthy of RPG Admin.... and he is on like every day.... just my suggestions... and I think you should get v3... would it be possible to have both RPG games 2.4 and v3?
I think it might be possible to have both.. but their isn't much point because that splits up the activity for both. The only downside to RPG Inferno 3.0 is the cost. It's around $100 USD for a lifetime licence. I can say $100 is a lot, I don't have that much either, so if we do get it we will need donations.

I haven't tried 3.0 myself, so that's why I'm asking users for their input on what they want to use. 2.4, 3.0 or there is also this other RPG. I'm going to see if this other RPG is up yet.
---------------------------Double Post---------------------------
Well the one I found is no longer supported and the author has no time to fix it up: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=108790

So 2.4 or 3.0? More inputs from other members.

Last edited:

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Tsukasa said:
I agree with ghost... and I think it would be a good thng to keep 2.4 around also... else it would just destroy everything people have already worked had to get.... so I think we should have both
My guess is the way they've made it you can't have both. Also, 2.4 has been reset so many times already and if we were to rebuild 2.4 we probably have to reset it again...

$100 is a lifetime licence, then again.. you never know if Inferno shuts down... then your screwed. But yeah $100 is gonna be tough to collect.

Xemnas

Apr 21, 2006
The World That Never Was
Zenny
Yeah, so far apart from Gaaramaster everyone who said they want 3.0 has not even heard of it until recently. Game-Zone Evolution (Inferno Technologies's bulletin board) has it, but you need to register and get at least 5 posts to use it. It's not really great, I don't see why we would need it. But you can ask there if we can have 2.4 and 3.0 on the one server.

Last edited:

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Gaaramaster said:
FFF has it, but they requier 50 posts to play. Anyway, if you need money, just say where to mail it to, since I can't send it online, and I'll donate some.
Thanks for the donation help. I'm actually gonna have something SPECIAL setup for people who donate.. it will be better than VIP status ;)

But back to the topic of RPG Inferno 3.0..

we need more input from people who use it and haven't posted a reply yet!