Some Suggestions

D ViiSiiON X

Sep 6, 2008
United States
Zenny
Take out the images in the forum descriptions. ex
exel.png

Make the spoiler tags viewable on hover over.

Last but not least remove top 5 stats from main board view.

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Best suggestion would be, get rid of the long signatures that are a whole page long, wtf

We are going to now limit everyone's signature to one image and a certain amount of text. Users will be able to add MORE, but will have to use spoiler tags.

Um I think it would be cool to change the status bar thing under your username.

Done.. now users can set and display their statues.. kinda like Twitter ;)

What about mass emailing the members of G-P asking them to come back to the site to boost activity?

Will be doing that very shortly.

What I have also proposed and added is a weekly or biweekly or monthly newsletter send out to all members.

Since we DO have a lot of members. I think monthly would work best.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone :)

Cruentus

Jul 9, 2007
*points to map* HERE!
Zenny
Hey, Harry!
One thing I noticed is that whenever I click on any of the forum links at the top, they all take me back to the site opener(With the Gamerz-Place Enter sign). Is that a bug, or is it staying like that because things like the Arcade aren't fully loaded yet?

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Hey, Harry!
One thing I noticed is that whenever I click on any of the forum links at the top, they all take me back to the site opener(With the Gamerz-Place Enter sign). Is that a bug, or is it staying like that because things like the Arcade aren't fully loaded yet?
if the link doesn't work at this moment.. chances are it isn't setup yet. I think only the blog, albums, forum links should work at the moment.

Jan 12, 2006
Out and about
Zenny
Cough, could we consider changing the color of the VIPs? I'm not really fond of this bright purple color.

Also maybe have the post count included in your profile on the left? Otherwise its hard to keep track who is a new member and who isnt.

Last edited:

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
ya I honestly haven't changed the colors yet... I was also thinking of if I will allow users to buy username color changes from the GPShop... at first I didn't want users too, because then anyone can select a staff color.

However, since each profile SHOWS if the user is a members, vip, admin, mod.. it does allow people to view a name and have them check the users rank title.

So I haven't decided yet.. what do you guys think?

Sabrina

Jan 17, 2011
Zenny
could u add some new gifts to the gift shop baby [MENTION=1]Nitz[/MENTION] ?!?! or atleast the ones u had before u did the back up thing that deleted my posts :p pff theres only cake and sword!! :p

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
[MENTION=2234]Sabrina[/MENTION] I will try to add more gifts.. I will shortly make a topic so people can post some gifts they want to see and I can add them

[MENTION=7]The Legendary Saviour[/MENTION] I will change the colors tonight and re-work all of them. As for the username color change thing.. I'll have a vote later on and see what everyone else thinks too. For now it will be usergroups only colored.

Sabrina

Jan 17, 2011
Zenny
[MENTION=2234]Sabrina[/MENTION] I will try to add more gifts.. I will shortly make a topic so people can post some gifts they want to see and I can add them

:D Thanks baby [MENTION=1]Nitz[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jing

The King Of Bandits
I agree with TLS on the post count thing. It's nice to be able to see if the member is new or not, that way i can decide how angry i should be with the amount of smilies and grammatical errors their post includes. : D

On a side note, the automated password reset function doesn't seem to have an up front link. Like there is the quick login function at the top of the page, but i had to do a little digging to find the "Lost Your Password?" button. I'm not sure if this will deter people or not, but more accessibility is always a good thing.