Technology will 'disappear' in 25 years

Zayne.H

Feb 10, 2006
Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
ZayneHumphrey.com
Zenny
<div class='quotetop'></div><div class='quotemain'>The dot-com bust signaled the "end of the beginning" for technology, Carly Fiorina, the former CEO of Hewlett-Packard, told business leaders Wednesday.

Speaking at the Global Business Forum in Sydney, Fiorina told the audience that by 2030, technology will be so integral to daily living that we will take it for granted.

"We have entered the main event of technology...We are talking about an era where technology is woven into the fabric of life and almost disappears. It means that technology is in everything and everywhere," Fiorina said.

The change will happen gradually, "although it is clearly going on now," she added.

Fiorina also explained her decision to take up positions on the boards of two companies--Cybertrust and Revolution Health--since her departure from HP just over one year ago. "In the next five years, the biggest areas of technological change will be in cybersecurity and health care. That is why I have chosen to sit on some company boards," she said.

Managing the transformation
Fiorina offered some advice to anyone looking to transform their business using something called her "leadership framework," which means viewing an organization as a combination of hardware and software.

"I would argue that structure, process, measurement and results are, to use technology terms, the hardware of the institution. The software is culture, behavior, personality, values. Just like a computer will not work without hardware and software, neither will an institution. We can't just change the hardware; you also have to change the software," she said.

According to Fiorina, a successful transformation will also require a balance of optimism and realism. "Optimism fundamentally is the belief that things can be better and people are capable of achieving more. Realism is what provides the discipline and rigor around change," she said.

"All change takes discipline and rigor. I don't care if change is losing weight or transforming a company. You better have discipline, rigor and measurement. And by the way, change happens in small steps," she added.</div>

This is very interesting....If you think about it computers were only used for Businesses and colleges....Now computers are used by over 80% of humans....Now simple electronic devices will become like friges.

Gimpy

Jan 24, 2006
Zenny
I dunno technology is good but too much I think is bad.... I mean people barly trust other people are we willing to trust machines over people? When I mean machines I mean to the point where machines do things for us like talk and have its own brain

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
I think the topic title is slightly misleading. The article isn't saying that we're going to lose all of our technology... it's saying that technology will become more integrated into our lives.
I have no problem with technology. I'd actually like to see technology progress more rapidly. New technology would make so many things possible...
The only problem I have is with the companies that try to make excessive profit with technology. And I don't like software licensing either.

Where'd you find the article, anyway?
Please provide links when you post these articles. :ninja:

sethtodeath

Feb 8, 2006
Zenny
Yea but then it will be like The Termanator 2 all over again. God that movie was Sweet! w00t w00t!
Imagine though,Remotes and Videogame countrollers could beintregated to your arm.

Gimpy

Jan 24, 2006
Zenny
I just saw something on the news. Now big companies are putting small tiny chips in there employees so you don't need fingerprints, eyescan or cards to enter the building. just wave ur hand over the sensor and it can detect the sensor implanted in ur hand

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
Nah, I just want to know where you get them from. There might be other interesting things there too. And It's just good to credit the original source of the information. :cool:

sethtodeath

Feb 8, 2006
Zenny
lmao fox he is saying that he dosent want to post something that u might have posted becues YOU know that we will just start fighting over who had rights on the topic.

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
Whoever makes the topic first, makes the topic first. I'm not going to fight over something dumb like that. I just want to see the links of the articles posted. In case no one has noticed, I always post the link when I post an article... so it's not like I'm being a hypocrite.

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
Okay, just post the original article links from now on.

Anyway, back on topic... I don't know if I would want a mircochip implanted inside my body. It would feel weird. Though it's not really even necessary because of eye scans, keycards, keycodes, regular keys, and fingerprint scanners.

N

nopq458

The electoral process is compromised. It is as wide open to tampering as the average PC. The article (look past the first few paragraphs guys) cites evidence ipods factions of the Republican party styles itself as a 1337 hacker

Lucas

Oct 2, 2022
Zenny
Anyone who is thinking that technology is going to disappear from our world right now is being completely delusional because our world is now heavily dependent on technology and there is no way we can be able to survive without it.