The Meaning of Love.

Cruentus

Jul 9, 2007
*points to map* HERE!
Zenny
Yes I know love is the word you say to someone when you really like them but what is the meaning of it. Love is being tossed around like the word "the" nowadays. So does anybody acctually know the words true meaning? It gets tossed around so otfen I think the true meaning was lost. Now that everone says it is there even a point? Shouldn't love only be said by those who really care about each other, not by some fashion diva who goes around saying "I love these shoes. I love this top" Shouldn't there be a true purpose for love. If not what is the point. I don't really get it. Why do people show affection for ech other with the word and then some one else is talking about clothes when they say it. I think love should go back to that once tabooed word it was. Rarely used. Only used by those Who truely and deeply care for each other. I'm not sure but I think that would be the right way to use it. So what I am really tring to say is: Whatt is the meaning of love? What is the point if there is no meaning?

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
It's a word... and it's way of use is changed.. like "gay"..

Look at all the people that say "oh.. that shirt is so gay..."

Sayings and words are all turned around and used in different ways.. someone starts it and it suddenly becomes a trend.. sadly... =\

Cruentus

Jul 9, 2007
*points to map* HERE!
Zenny
C S Lewis wrote a book called the 4 Loves and tend to agree with him on most points ..... I recently read this book which is why i posted this here thread.

1. ) Sexual love eros...(we all know what that is)
2.) charitable love agape (the kind that makes you want to help people like starving Africans)
3.) Affectionate love storge (the kind that one has for the family)
4.) Friendship philia (a strong bond that is not sexual)

Aaura

May 17, 2006
under the moon and stars
Zenny
A No Its Not Just A Word, Its Life And Its One's Soul. Its The Purpose Of Life Its Self. Its The Feeling You Get When That One Person Passes By You. Its The Fire On Your Skin When They Are Next To You. Like I Said, Its The World And Everyone In It.

Cruentus

Jul 9, 2007
*points to map* HERE!
Zenny
Then why do people say it so meaninglessly when talking about clothes or things. Or if you have just met someone and they tell you they love you. I mean I have only told one girl in my life I have ever loved her. And she just said it back like its nothing.

Aaura

May 17, 2006
under the moon and stars
Zenny
Then why do people say it so meaninglessly when talking about clothes or things. Or if you have just met someone and they tell you they love you. I mean I have only told one girl in my life I have ever loved her. And she just said it back like its nothing.

When You Love Someone Or Something, Its What You Feel. Whether Or Not They Feel It Back Is Choice Or Fate. If You Say You Love That Shirt, It Draws You In, Its Attracting. You Love That Girl, Thats what You Feel, What Your Heart Feels. And Whether She Returns YOur Feelings Or Not Is Mutual. It Was NOt Ment To Be. Alot Of People Say It Like Its Nothing, And That Upsets Me... You Cant Just Say It If You Dont Truely Feel It Deep In Your Heart.