Why are some programming languages overly complicated?

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
Why does it seem like some things are overly complicated in some programming languages?

PHP:
10 print "Hello, World!"
20 end

Simple enough, right? That was BASIC... the only programming language I really know so far besides HTML (which some people don't consider to be a programming language). Sadly, BASIC seems to be outdated...

Well, look at this... It's not as simple.

PHP:
class consoleapp
{
public static void Main( string[] args )
{
System.Console.WriteLine( "Hello, world!" );
}
}

That's C# (I think), which I might try to learn someday (not sure yet. I might try visual basic, or maybe both) But it just seems unnecessarily complicated...

Now... this next one really takes the cake for being too complicated...

PHP:
org 100h
mov dx, msg
mov ah, 9
int 21h
mov ax, 4C00h
int 21h
msg db 'Hello world$'

That's x86 intel-syntax assembly. :eyepop:

Why is it so excessively complicated? :eek:

Gimpy

Jan 24, 2006
Zenny
lol it has to be I guess its like fixing cars or building a bridge its always complicating..... and very pressuring

Zayne.H

Feb 10, 2006
Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
ZayneHumphrey.com
Zenny
I would recommend Lunix if you are a beginner but if you are experienced then do DOS..

Mac is also easy and so is PHP.BB is in the middle since you can do one mistake then it gets screwed up, C# is for programmers that have been programming for about 1-2 years.

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
Hmm... I'm sure I'd need to install a Linux distro to program with Linux, right?
My computer doesn't like Linux very much... I have some live cd versions, but they don't run right on my computer. They either freeze or won't start right. :(

ShaD0w HaRt

Feb 26, 2006
Zenny
I recommend DOS...Dos is used for alot more things...for example your computer wont start up.... You can actually go through dos and fix it.

GrayFox

Feb 2, 2006
Zenny
I have Windows. Installing a distro to my HD won't give me problems like the live cd distros that wouldn't work?
I'm also sort of afraid to mess with the partitions on my HD... I don't want to lose all my stuff.