Suggestions go here

Nitz

My time is ticking away....
Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
Okay I got a hack for the male/female icons... I'll get it up later..

I also saw this neat hack.. mabye we can use it? wut you think?

---------------------------

This hack adds a little adoption center to your forum where your users can adopt lovely little adoptables which will be 'upgraded' as the user gains the posts needed for the next stage. (Thus, an adoptable can be originally adopted as an egg, ten posts later the egg has cracks in it, twenty posts after that it hatches into a baby [insert something cute and loveable here], still fifty posts after that it has grown a little, and 100 posts later it's an adult - or something in that direction.)

Adoptable creation features
- Create adoptables with up to five "stages", each with its own image, minimum posts to adopt it, user-specified posts needed to get from the previous stage to this one, and a custom description (if stage descriptions are enabled)
- View list of all your created adoptables
- Edit the adoptables that you have already created if you slipped up
- Only the first stage can be seen by a potential owner - surprise them with what their adoptable grows into

Adoptable management features
- Easily view a list of all adoptables (adopted and available)
- Edit or delete any adoptable easily from the list

Adopter features
- View a list of all available adoptables, only a button-click away from being yours, or of your own adoptables
- Disown an adoptable if you change your mind
- Release adoptables that are at their final stage to the wild so you can adopt new ones without leaving them for somebody else to pick up
- Show your own adoptables off in your profile

J

Johnny Mo

well thats why we haave spoler tags! wel just have to enforce the use of them a little more. thats what they are there for anyways. i use them, it keeps everything clean and less laggy

Stryfe

One Name. One Legend.
May 3, 2006
Rings of Naglifar
Zenny
Nitz said:
Okay I got a hack for the male/female icons... I'll get it up later..

I also saw this neat hack.. mabye we can use it? wut you think?

---------------------------

This hack adds a little adoption center to your forum where your users can adopt lovely little adoptables which will be 'upgraded' as the user gains the posts needed for the next stage. (Thus, an adoptable can be originally adopted as an egg, ten posts later the egg has cracks in it, twenty posts after that it hatches into a baby [insert something cute and loveable here], still fifty posts after that it has grown a little, and 100 posts later it's an adult - or something in that direction.)

Adoptable creation features
- Create adoptables with up to five "stages", each with its own image, minimum posts to adopt it, user-specified posts needed to get from the previous stage to this one, and a custom description (if stage descriptions are enabled)
- View list of all your created adoptables
- Edit the adoptables that you have already created if you slipped up
- Only the first stage can be seen by a potential owner - surprise them with what their adoptable grows into

Adoptable management features
- Easily view a list of all adoptables (adopted and available)
- Edit or delete any adoptable easily from the list

Adopter features
- View a list of all available adoptables, only a button-click away from being yours, or of your own adoptables
- Disown an adoptable if you change your mind
- Release adoptables that are at their final stage to the wild so you can adopt new ones without leaving them for somebody else to pick up
- Show your own adoptables off in your profile

I saw this once before and it is fairly neat. However, the only problem is, I am not sure what you can do once you have them. If it is just for looks, it is not that great. If we can incorperate a fighting system or maybe even a social status for pets (like neopets), maybe we can make it far superior.

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
I'm not sure what your saying? Are you tring to say, you want to load the song the person is listening to so you can listen to it too? If so, that's not possible I think, atleast not for us at the moment.

However, we can integrate a way, so in our profiles it shows WHAT song we are listening too..

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
The only problem with that is loading time once again. Because if we have people JUST wanting to check profiles.. they don't want lag from a music player. Though, if we create a blog or something integrated with GP, yeah we could do it then... but that's another project...

Geer

High Prophet of Blue
Aug 4, 2006
In my own little world where I rule over all
Zenny
how about increasing the file size of the Avatars. It's too small. Not the dimension size. But the kilabyte size. Cause mines 24.4k as the max size. Thats not very big. The avitar I used to have doesn't work anymore. I can decrease everything and it's still too small. And what I mean is have a thing where it plays the song. It doesn't load at first. It wil only start to load if you click the play button. So there would be no automatic song load which will not slow down load time. And they would either be able to get it from a certain site or upload it from their computor. But to answer the other part. No. We would not be able to copy them to our computor. Cause that would be illegal. (copyright laws and such)

Last edited:

Nitz

Staff member
Jan 12, 2006
Outworld, Canada
www.gamerz-place.net
Zenny
I think that's a issues that's fixed in the new vB.. I'm thinking I might make the avatar size bigger.. but mabye for only donator or vip members...

as for the song part.. you can check vbulletin.org and see if you can find it... otherwise I don't really have the time to create a mod myself.